The mission of the Canadian Forces Personnel Assistance Fund (CFPAF) is:
• To provide financial assistance to eligible serving and former members and their dependents of the Canadian
Forces when warranted by qualifying circumstances;
• To contribute to the well-being and to assist in maintenance of morale and welfare of serving and former
members of the CF;
• To provide prompt financial assistance in times of distress or emergency, or where it may substantially modify
conditions, should it be considered as a contributing factor; and
• To ensure all eligible personnel have equal entitlement to receive assistance.
CFPAF offers financial assistance in the form of low interest loans and/or grants through the following programs:
• Minor Disbursement Program
• Self Improvement Loan Program (SILP)
• Financial Distress Program (Loans/Grants)
• Educational Assistance Loan Program*
*The Education Assistance Loan Program (EALP) has changed to the Student Line of Credit program (SLOC), offered by Canadian Defence Community Banking (CDCB), in partnership with BMO Bank of Montreal.
A member of the CF is generally eligible to apply for CFPAF assistance after completion of one year of service. More eligibility information is provided with each program description.
a) Eligibility to make an application for any of the CFPAF programs does not guarantee approval. Each request is adjudicated against specific criteria before a decision is rendered.
b) Forms may not work on all browsers. The recommended browser to use is Internet Explorer.
(CRA Registration No. 893696187RR0001)
Date Modified : 2014-09-25