Do you want to help others within your community?
Do you want to build your own skills, make new friends and learn? Do you want to share your gifts with other or give something back?
Volunteering is, in effect, an expression of concern about something or somebody other than oneself. It’s about putting in the time, effort and commitment to help fellow men, women or families to contribute towards a cause that you feel passionate about. It’s also about having the determination to put your values and beliefs into action with a view to improving the quality of a person’s life or the quality of a situation.
Do you posses these qualities?
- Enthusiasm – a positive attitude is vital
- Common sense – knowing the difference between right and wrong, good and bad
- Non-judgmental – being able to take an objective view of a person’s problems – even if they’re of their own making
- Awareness – being able to recognize other people’s needs and able to look for ways to meet those needs as a result of training and your own life experiences
- Reliable – willing to devote a set amount of time regularly
- Compassionate – having and empathy with the plight of a particular person or situation
- Committed – demonstrating your passion for a cause
- Self-confident – able to work both autonomously and as part of a team where necessary
- Good communication – able to relate to both fellow workers and those you are trying to help and a willingness to make suggestions for improvements
- Self-assured – able to take constructive criticism on board to improve one’s own skills and ability to help others
If you would like to give back and get involved by volunteering, please click below to get your Support Our Troops volunteer profile created!
If you are ready to volunteer make sure to stay current with events going on in your community and don’t forget to share with us your volunteer stories! Share your story and volunteer images with us, by emailing us at: email@example.com
Date Modified : 2015-11-19