As the official charity of the Canadian Armed Forces, The Support Our Troops (SOT) Program is a key element of broad integrated network of support for currently serving members and their families, as well as veterans and their families. The SOT Program leverages support from individual Canadians, community-based groups, Corporate Canada and external organizations and foundations to translate that support into valuable morale and welfare programs and services.
- Commodore, Sean N Cantelon, Director General Morale and Welfare Services.
Thank you for your interest in organizing a Support Our Troops event. Please allow the Support Our Troops team 7 days to connect back with you. You will be notified by email of the result of your application.
What is a Support Our Troops Fundraiser?
- A community or corporate event
- Typically one or two days long
- Creates awareness with an end result of proceeds benefitting our five funds; Military Families Fund, Soldier On Fund, Hospital Comforts Funds, Boomer’s Legacy Fund and Support our Troops Fund.
- Typical events include:
o Golf Tournaments
o Sporting events
o Walk/Run events a-thons (ex. Spin-a-thon, bowl-a-thon, dance-a-thon)
*Please note community events are not promotions, partnerships or cause-marketing campaigns and cannot be based on cash boxes; coin drops; can donations; soliciting door-to door; or at random locations in your community.
Support Our Troops community events must reflect positively on the Support Our Troops Fund; the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS) and must abide by all local, municipal and federal laws, including those that cover raffles.
Please take a look at some of our current registered events here.
How to register your event:
- Complete the registration form four to six weeks prior to your event
- Tips for a successful application:
o Include as much detail as possible in the description field.
o Clearly explain how your event funds will be raised.