- NPP ANNUAL REPORT 2011/2012: The document highlights of Non-Public Property’s achievements in the past year and promotes key objectives for the coming year. Submissions related to local highlights are being accepted up to March16th. The focus for this particular publication will be NPP’s commitment to “One Community, One Million Strong” . Photos and videos are always welcome and encouraged, now and throughout the year.
- NPP EDUCATION STRATEGY: At the NPP Board meeting in July 2011, the CDS tasked the Managing Director of NPP, to produce a broad training / education plan regarding NPP to ensure that commanders and staff are appropriately prepared to assume their NPP duties. A draft NPP Education strategy is being prepared. The aim of this strategy is to ensure that CF leaders and members are trained on appropriate NPP competencies and knowledge at the right times throughout their career. In the coming months, CFPFSS staff will be consulting with DPGR, Environmental Command representatives, CDA and Occupation Advisors to review the extant specifications and individual training and education (IT&E) programs, identify the gaps and formulate the way ahead.
- NEW CFPFSS WEBSITE: In coordination with Strategic Communications, the Information Services Division has almost completed the implementation of a new Personnel and Family Support Services corporate website. The website will feature a clean, new look and feel, simplified browsing, easier web content management and, ultimately, a visitor profile driven navigation system. The website will provide key information on PFSS and act as a portal to inter-connect the different PFSS services, such as the CF Community Gateway, CANEX What You Need (WYN) electronic retailing and other on-line programs. The new website will be live soon at www.cfpsa.com.
- NON-PUBLIC PROPERTY (NPP) CERTIFICATION COURSE: On 30 November 2011, both NPP Certification Courses were launched successfully via the DWAN and the internet through the ADM (Fin CS) eCourse application. The student throughput is steadily increasing for both CF personnel and NPP employees. All personnel, for whom these are a mandatory prerequisite to be granted or to retain NPP delegated signing authority, have until 1 October 2012 to complete the appropriate certification.
- CF APPRECIATION PROGRAM: The CF Appreciation Program enjoyed another strong quarter. There are now more than 16,000 members of the CF community registered. This most recent surge in membership is due, in large part, to a recent mail-out to CF Annuitants in the provinces of BC, ON, and QC. A letter to CF Annuitants in the remaining provinces will be distributed later this year. In the meantime, special effort is being made to reach-out to families of the fallen with information about the Program. The Program is continuing to expand with the addition of many new Industry Partners. At this time, there are more than 500 brands representing over 10,000 businesses where our members can save. With discount opportunities now available in the US and the UK, as well as accommodation options in 80 countries worldwide, the CF Appreciation Program continues to forge new relationships and open up new markets. Recommendations and referrals for new businesses to be added to the Program are most welcome.
- CANADIAN DEFENCE COMMUNITY BANKING (CDCB): For the first time on an Air Force Wing and the second time in Canada, CDCB serviced by BMO Bank of Montreal will be opening a new BMO Branch Satellite Office at 4 Wing Cold Lake in March 2012. Since the inauguration of the invigorated CDCB program, the twelfth BMO Bank of Montreal ATM machine was installed in Trenton and another one will arrive in the next few weeks at Valcartier.
- NATIONAL RECREATION SERVICES: Recreation plays an important role in the Canadian Forces both operationally and in family support. Recreation offers opportunities to improve physical and mental health promote community integration and build family relationships. “June is Recreation Month” provides an opportunity to celebrate these benefits and educate the community about the importance of participating in recreation and leisure activities. This year the theme is “Recreation...The Sky’s the Limit”. With the support of PSP, CF personnel have the opportunity to initiate, organize and control their own recreation and leisure experiences. To learn more visit www.cf-rec.ca.
- TIM HORTONS OPENED IN WINNIPEG: In order to better serve the military community, CANEX opened a new Tim Hortons concession outlet in November 2011 at 17 Wing Winnipeg. With 32 seats and a drive through, the outlet has been well received by the community and is already showing strong sales.
- EXCLUSIVE IRP MORTGAGE OFFER FROM CDCB: Canadian Defence Community Banking (CDCB) has partnered with BMO Bank of Montreal to offer competitive mortgage rates to the Defence community. When military members have been authorized to move through the Integrated Relocation Program (IRP), BMO offers a portable mortgage option or a $5,000 cap on the prepayment charge when the current mortgage is paid out. Local CDCB-BMO mortgage information seminars will be available on Bases, Wings and MFRCs between 5 March 2012 and 31 May 2012. For more information on the CDCB IRP benefits or a list of local BMO mortgage specialists, visit www.cdcb.ca/en/relocating_e.asp.
Date Modified : 2012-05-17